Update (November 6th, 2011): We have announced that our revenue advance program has ended. However, we’re always looking for new writers to the site. Writers receive 75% of the revenue from each itinerary sold and there’s no cost to write for us!
Today we’re excited to announce that Unanchor is paying up to $100 upfront for approved self-guided tour itineraries!
It’s pretty simple — you write an itinerary and we’ll pay you immediately.
What’s a self-guided tour itinerary?
- A self-guided tour itinerary is a logical list of prioritized sights and attractions with detailed directions & maps.
- Check out a 1-day San Francisco example itinerary.
How it works
- Fill out our itinerary writer application form.
- Once your application is approved, we’ll put the pending amount of your advance into your Unanchor account.
- Write and submit the itinerary.
- After the itinerary is approved, we’ll release the money to you. We can pay you via check or Paypal – your choice.
- This offer is only available for the first 50 approved itineraries.
- Revenue advances will be $50, $75, or $100. The amount will depend on the length of the itinerary and the city chosen.
- After you’ve sold enough itineraries to recoup the advance, you’ll continue to earn 75% from each sale of your itinerary – meaning the total amount you can earn from the itinerary is a lot higher than just the advance.
The fine print:
- While we consider and accept applications for all cities, only major cities will qualify for the $100 advance (others will qualify for a smaller advance). Check out a specific list of cities and the revenue advance they qualify for.
- The number of days your itinerary covers will also be considered when determining the advance amount.
- The money paid upfront is an advance of your future revenues. This means you’ll begin earning additional money from your itinerary after you’ve sold enough to “pay back” the revenue advance. Check out the itinerary writer FAQ for more information and an example.
- This offer is only available to the first
50100 approved itineraries.
- Fill out the application form
- If you have additional questions about being an itinerary writer, check out our frequently asked questions. Or if you prefer to Email your questions you can use our contact form or send an Email to Writers [at] Unanchor [dot] com.
Share This! – We need your help:
- This is a great opportunity to earn money from your knowledge of your hometown, your current town, or your travels. We’d really appreciate if you could help us get the word out.
Photo Credit: Deserttrumpet